Description of Geldingadalur Volcano Hike and Blue Lagoon:
We bring a one time chance to experience Geldingadalur Volcano Hike and Blue Lagoon tour. In recent weeks, Reykjanes Peninsula is facing the eruption of a volcano, which is the result of the very first eruption in the Reykjanes Peninsula region around 800 years back. Also after being rocked by several months of a lot of destructive earthquakes, this region has now a massive volcanic eruption from the earth.
You will hike towards the volcano to enjoy the view around. After that, we shall head towards our final destination The blue lagoon. Get ready to dive into the waters of the geothermal sea.
We will provide you an entry to Blue lagoon, a mud mask, the use of a towel, and the complimentary drink chosen by you.
Towards the Geldingadalur Volcano Hike:
Our Reykjavik journeys offer a tour to Fagradalsfjall Volcano. We will take you to the starting point of the hiking path towards the Geldingadalur volcano.
Our professional driver and trained guides will guide you all way during the hike. You will complete the hike in 1.5 hours each way according to our estimation.
We recommend you never miss this opportunity of watching the view of the volcano’s eruption from the surface of the earth.
- Kindly read out the public guide for hikers visiting the site. Do visit the Safe Travel website for complete guidance.
- Reykjavik Excursions will follow the recommendations of the Civil protection service and cancel the tour if circumstances at the eruption site are unsafe.
Kindly Keep these things in your mind:
- Wear warm and waterproof clothes
- Wear sturdy hiking boots for the tour, bring crampons too.
- The weather can change at once.
- Keep your packed food and beverages with you.
- The trip may take longer than expected.
- Try to stick to ridges and hills. Also, avoid hollows and valleys in an open area.
- The mobile phone connection is poor in such an area. So, it would be difficult to approach someone for help if needed.
- Risk of rock falling
- Gas pollution is greatest near the site.
- If the eruption increases suddenly then Gas pollution may change in a short time.
- We reserve the right to modify the itinerary depending upon the conditions around the volcano.
Please note one paying adult is allowed to supervise and be responsible for no more than two children
Where shall we meet you:
BSI Bus Terminal:
- Vatnsmýrarvegur, Reykjavík 101, IS
Important information regarding the tour to Geldingadalur Volcano Hike and Blue Lagoon:
- The difficulty level of the tour: Moderate
- Distance: 8 km
- Elevation: 300 m
- You will have 1.5 hours to watch the volcanic eruption.
- You must have your own mask and please maintain the social distance rule.
We will charge a cancellation fee if:
- We will charge a cancellation fee of 100% if the booking is canceled 1 day or less before the event